I have just completed the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v4.1 Course at Leeds City College.
The Course which is one of the two requirements for the VCP 4.1, which I see is a valuable qualification.
The course was set over five days, and inculded the following items:
• Install and configure ESX or ESXi
• Install and configure vCenter Server components
• Configure and manage ESX/ESXi networking and storage using vCenter Server
• Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
• Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
• Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
• Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
• Use VMware vCenter Update Manager to apply ESX/ESXi patches
• Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection
Thou most of the subjects were just revision on the subject, i did learn a few tit bits of information from the course. I also Managed to get the course for a bargain £525 which is amazingly cheap when compared to other providers in the UK which charge between £1800 – £2500
Now all I need to do is complete the exam, which I’m planning to do next month, once i have covered the additional requirements i.e. reading the maximums docs etc.